Vox’s Tricks for Eating Less During the Holidays
In the winter months, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years celebrations often bring culinary temptations that are difficult, if not impossible to pass up. If you’re not careful unwanted pounds are almost guaranteed to be packed on this holiday season, but there are ways to prevent this weight gain. In this short 3 minute blurb, Vox give us some tips on how to eat healthier during the holidays, and all year round, from behavioral scientist, Brian Wansink. To sum it all up, Wansink basically advises to:
- Avoid “family-style” dining.
- Put healthier foods first on the buffet line.
- Use tall, slender glasses for your beverages.
- Make plates the opposite color of your food.
- Trick yourself into eating less with smaller plates.
- Openly display healthy leftovers and hide heftier ones with foil.
description by Gabriela Garcia