Model who lost leg due to contaminated tampon now scared she’ll lose the other
Five years ago, at age 24, model Lauren Wasser nearly died from toxic shock after using a tampon, which resulted in her losing her right leg and part of her left foot. Now, she may lose her entire left leg as well.
“Toxic Shock Syndrome cost me my leg, but, years later, I have since dedicated myself to raising awareness about TSS prevention,” Wasser wrote in an Op-Ed for InStyle last month. “I want to educate women about the potential risks of using tampons. TSS has been killing and harming women for more than 30 years: let that sink in. How many lives is it going to take for something to change?”
SEE FULL STORY HERE: http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/2017/12/19/model-who-lost-leg-to-toxic-shock-syndrome-warns-about-dangers-tampons.html